Actually it's the floor that's got hatched. Progress has been slow for a couple of reasons, Brudenell Polytunnel and my health, but we've moved up a notch.
First we've improved ventilation with 4No "Z" air bricks, how effective this will be we're not sure; but this is always the first step.
The lighting's done, but we have a problem with the front cellar which needs solving, the lights go dim after a while, as they are LED lights everybody is still learning about them, we think moisture is causing a voltage drop but we don't know.
We've cut a hatch in the back room into the rear cellar, it's big enough to lower a sheet of ply or plasterboard into the cellar. It's main use at present is for passing wheelbarrows around, much easier than the stairs
The entry to the underworld has now been formed by arcane magic and a circular saw.
Not to be left unattended though!
We've had to do a bit of structural work on the floor joists to ensure everyone is safe when partying above. Still got to secure a couple of cables and pipes but the hatch is operational.
And now the lining has started, polythene sheeting fixed to the wall with 2x1 battens, next we'll be putting the lining in.
As you see wheel barrows everywhere. And punctures!
Steady progress is expected and hoped for. Free insulation and Plasterboard would be appreciated, any building suppliers out there interested in helping?
Well Pete's made an executive decision, that means I've got to do some work. ( Why can't I be management for once.) The Tool Library shall commence.
So where are we going to put it? Obvious, in the cellar, loads of room. Unfortunately at the moment the cellar is dark, damp and full of junk, not incredibly suitable for storage of tools etc'. So over the next two months I've got to turn it into a dry, airy and light set of rooms, Can Do.
First tasks. Light, the electrician came and fitted four 1500mm LED tubes (30 watts each, very cheap to run) so we can see now. Next clear some of the rubbish, don't know who did it yet, but a load has gone. Dry out the cellar, we have extremely poor ventilation in there, only one half blocked air brick. Fortunately we don't have any running or standing water in the cellar, we're quite high up a hill so it's unlikely we ever will. So I've started to put in four periscope air bricks, the ground outside is too high to put ordinary ones. I'm also about to put a hatch in so that the sheet lining to the cellar can be taken down there more easily, and later so that larger pieces of equipment can be stored down there and easily removed. Will post pictures when done.
Slow but steady Volunteer